Back to Jenkin's homepage
UBC STAT 300: Intermediate Statistics for Applications - Tutorials #L2D and #L2E
Teaching Assistant: Jenkin Tsui
One line introduction: A Calgarian who is a Ph.D. student and research scientist at the BC Cancer Research Centre, Yale University alumni, University of Toronto alumni, University of Michigan alumni, Riken (Japan) Center for Integrative Medical Science alumni, Fulbright Canada Killam Fellow alumni, former National Defense Canada and Air Cadets Officer
Contact info: jenkin [dot] tsui [at] stat [dot] ubc [dot] ca
- Thursday, 3:00-4:00 PM at ESB 1043
- Additional hours will be scheduled prior to midterms and final examinations
- TUT #L2D: Thursday, 1:00-1:50 PM @ ESB 1046
- TUT #L2E: Thursday, 4:00-4:50 PM @ ESB 1046
- Use your UBC student email address
- Email title: STAT300 Tut # - Brief Title
- Include your full name and student number in your signature; use proper grammar
Lab administrative items:
- The total mark for each lab is 16 points.
- Each group will have two exercise sheets and one handout (answer sheet)
- For the tutorial #1, you can form your own groups of 3~4.
- Starting from tutorial #2, there will be a formal group list.
Academic integrity policy:
- Assignments that look very similar will be noted and investigated.
- Lab 1: Introduction, form temporary groups, installing R Commander, simple concepts review (exercise sheets); notes
- Lab 2: IQR, sign test, Wilcoxon signed-rank test
- Lab 3: Statistical power, two-sample t-test, paired t-test; notes; instructions
- Lab 4: Chi-square test; notes
Lab exercise grades:
- Your "Student No" in the "grades" file are "first 2 digits"-"last 2 digits".
Links to resources: